Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pilate page 30

Pilate page 30 by ric gustafson.


It was late in the afternoon. An aide walked up to Pilate who was swimming. " My Prefect, there is somebody here to see you".
" Who is it?" he grumbled as he got out and dried himself off.
" It is a member of the Sanhedrin".
" Ok". Pilate got dressed and walked into the palace waiting room.
A member of the Sanhedrin approached. " My Prefect, I am Joseph of Arimathea".
" Yes, Councilor".
" A fellow Councilor and friend Nicodemus and I seek your permission to bury the body of Jesus of Nazareth".
Surprise came over Pilate's face. " He is already dead".
" Yes my Prefect, shortly after the ninth hour".
Just then, a shaken up Flavius Artemis returned with his execution detail.
" Flavius, did you break the legs of the prisoners?".
" Yes my Prefect, the two robbers but not the third prisoner".
" Why not?".
" He was already dead so one of my men put a lance into his side".
Satisfied with the answer, Pilate turned toward the Councilor.
" Yes, you have my permission to bury the prisoner".



The End.




research help: ' Pontius Pilate' by Paul L. Maier





Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: