Tuesday, June 18, 2024

True Grit page 22

 True Grit page 22 by ric gustafson


Moon winced. " You shot me in the leg".
Cogburn gave him a blue handkerchief to tie around his leg. Cogburn noticed a large pot in the fireplace. " You waiting for company".
Quincy smiled. " That's our breakfast and lunch".
Rooster frowned. " I'll bet".
Moon winced again. " My leg hurts".
Quincy stared at his friend. " Be quiet".
Rooster looked at the two men. " When was the last time you saw Ned Pepper?".
Quincy shrugged his shoulders. " I don't know any Ned Pepper".
" There's a new man riding with him".
Quincy frowned. " I don't know any Ned Pepper".
" This new man goes by the name of Chaney". Cogburn thought for a moment. " He carries a Henry rifle".
Quincy's voice got more desperate. " I don't know who this Chaney is".
" If you don't help me". Cogburn frowned. " I will take both of you back to Judge Parker".


research help: ' True Grit' by Charles Portis


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: