Thursday, June 13, 2024

True Grit page 21

 True Grit page 21 by ric gustafson


" Don't know any Emmett Quincy".
" Quincy, I know it's you". Cogburn's voice hesitated. " This is Rooster Cogburn".
" Marshal Cogburn?".
" I have five marshals here with me". Cogburn frowned. " Who else is in there?".
" Just me and Moon". The voice hesitated. " Moon can hardly walk you shot him".
" Drag him out!". Cogburn's voice got louder. " Throw out your weapons and come out".
A shotgun and two revolvers were thrown out. The door opened. A man limped out. He was being held up by another man.
" Get down on the ground!".
They complied. A bowie knife and a gambler's revolver were found on them. 
Rooster helped the man up. He prodded them into the dugout with his rifle.
Then I came in with LaBoeuf.
Rooster put the two men on a bench. He handcuffed them together.


research help: ' True Grit' by Charles Portis


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: