Sunday, June 23, 2024

Shroud page 2

 Shroud page 2 by ric gustafson


Joachim stopped in the entryway of the Weaver's shop/
" Weaver Hagepeth".
A man walked up to the 12 year old. " Who are you?".
" I am Joachim". He smiled. " My father is Jonai".
He grinned. " What can I do for you young Joachim?".
" My father needs some nice white cloth".
" What do you need this for?". The Weaver smiled. " Are you getting married?".
" No". The 12 year old frowned. " Father won't tell me the reason why".
" How much do you need?". 
" Father was very specific". Joachim thought for a moment. " It has to be 3 feet by 14 feet".
" I can sew two pieces together". He grinned. " It'll cost 12 drachmas".
" I'll go ask father". He began to leave. " I might be back".


research help: ' The Only Witness' by Guy R Powell


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: