Tuesday, October 31, 2023

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz page 6

 The Wonderful Wizard of Oz page 6 by ric gustafson


" Thank you". Because Dorothy had oiled his face, he smiled. " I have been holding that axe ever since I rusted".
Scarecrow scratched his chin. " How long have you been rusted like that?".
" A long time". He moved his arms and legs. " I would still be like that if you had not come along".
Dorothy grinned. " We're on our way to the Emerald City to see the Great Oz".
" Why do you wish to see this Oz?".
" So he can send Toto and I back to Kansas".
Scarecrow smiled. " And to give me some brains".
The Tin Man thought for a moment. " Do you think this Oz could give me a heart?".
" I don't see why not?".
" Can I go with you to this Emerald City so I can ask this Oz to help me?".
Dorothy smiled. " Of course you can go with us".
" Can you please put my oil can in your basket in case it rains?".
" Of course". She put it in her basket. " Ready".
Scarecrow smiled. " Ready".
The Tin Man grinned. " Ready".
With Toto leading the way, the three began walking down the Yellow Brick Road.


research help: ' The Wonderful Wizard of Oz' by L Frank Baum


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: