Thursday, October 5, 2023

the Great Oz page 24

 the Great Oz page 24 by ric gustafson


A wagon pulled up to the Emerald City back gate. Oscar was wearing a Winkie hat and coat.
The Gatekeeper raised an arm. " Halt".
The wagon came to a slow halt.
" Good day Gatekeeper". Oscar smiled. " We bring supplies for the battle".
The Gatekeeper glanced at a clipboard. " I do not see a delivery of that nature on my schedule".
Oscar yelled. " Do you know who I am?".
The Gatekeeper stared at Oscar. " No".
" I am the City Herald".
" I'm sorry". He hung his head in shame. " I'm just doing my job".
Oscar yelled. " Open the gate".
The Gatekeeper complied.
The wagon slowly drove through the gate. The gate closed.
Oscar quietly stopped the wagon in a back alley.
At the same time, Glinda was producing fog throughout the Poppy Fields.


research help: ' Oz the Great and Powerful' by Mitchell Kapner


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: