Tuesday, October 24, 2023

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz page 5

 The Wonderful Wizard of Oz page 5 by ric gustafson


" How do you do?".
Dorothy politely replied. " Pretty well, how do you do?".
" I'm not feeling well at all". The Scarecrow frowned. " It's difficult being perched up here night and day".
" Can't you get down?".
" This pole is stuck up my back".
Dorothy reached up and lifted him off the pole.
" Thank you".
" My name is Dorothy". She smiled. " I'm going to the Emerald City to ask the Great Oz for help getting back to Kansas".
The Scarecrow scratched his chin. " Where is the Emerald City?".
" I was told by the Witch of the North to stay on the Yellow Brick Road".
" Do you think this Oz could give me some brains?".
" Even if he doesn't". Dorothy grinned. " You are no worse off than you are now".
The Scarecrow frowned. " That's true".
" Of course you can come with us".
" Hooray, we're off to see a Wizard".
With Toto behind them, the two started walking down the Yellow Brick Road.


research help: ' The Wonderful Wizard of Oz' by L Frank Baum


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: