Monday, October 30, 2023

the Wireless Survivor page 1

 the Wireless Survivor page 1 by ric gustafson


My name is Harold Bride. I survived the Titanic. When I was rescued by the Carpathia, I was in their hospital for ten hours. Both of my feet were broken. I had to have crutches. Somebody in the Carpathia's wireless room had to leave. They asked me if I could help them. When I entered the wireless room, I never left. Meals were brought to us. We kept that wireless room going all the time. There was a bed in the wireless room. I could rest my feet while we worked.
I joined the Titanic at Belfast. I was born at Nunhead England. Last July, I joined Marconi. Before Titanic, I was on the Hoverford. Then I was on the Lusitania. 
So now, let me tell you my story about what happened that night.


research help: ' The Story of the Titanic' by Jack Winocour


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: