Sunday, October 29, 2023

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz page 6

 The Wonderful Wizard of Oz page 6 by ric gustafson


After a few hours of walking, Dorothy and Scarecrow came upon a rough stretch of the Yellow Brick Road. The yellow bricks were uneven. Some of the bricks were broken and missing. Scarecrow, with no brains, sometimes fell in the holes in the broken bricks. 
All of a sudden, Dorothy stopped. " What was that noise?".
Scarecrow scratched his chin. " I'm not sure".
Dorothy walked a few steps into the forest. She stopped. In front of her was a tree that had been partly chopped. Standing next to it holding an axe was a man entirely of tin. His head, arms and legs were jointed on his body. He was not moving but standing perfectly still.
" Did you groan?".
" Yes" replied the tin man. " No one has come to help me".
Dorothy felt compassion. " What can I do for you?".
" Can you please find my oil can?". He looked at Dorothy. " And oil my joints".
Dorothy found the oil can. " Where do I start?".
" Oil my neck". He groaned. " Then my arms".
After oiling his arms and neck, Dorothy oiled his legs.
Smiling, the tin man slowly began to move.


research help: ' The Wonderful Wizard of Oz' by L Frank Baum


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: