Thursday, June 16, 2016

the madman of Gadara page 4

the madman of Gadara page 4 by ric Gustafson


I sat under a tree and waited for someone to approach me. I'm not as famous or infamous as I used to be. It's been a long time since the incident happened. When people come up to me and ask if I was the madman, I just nod my head and say yes.
When the young bearded man and his friends came in their boat, the voices began telling me to do whatever I had to do to keep them away. The voices knew that they were coming. These voices had control over me for most of my life. The voices constantly told me that I was no good and not worth of anything.
At one point, the voices began to multiply. The voices made me violent and I began to scare the townspeople. I was given the name ' the madman of Gadara' and I had to leave town. I retreated to the caves and the voices kept multiplying. I began wearing animal clothing and have wild un kept hair. I began wearing a huge chain around me that rattled. I began to shriek like a ghost. People heard me moaning and avoided going near the caves.
One night, a violent storm arose on the Sea. I retreated to one of the caves for protection.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: