Tuesday, June 21, 2016

the fruit of the spirit page 2

the fruit of the spirit page 2 by ric Gustafson


" Not for a long time" Elaine replied with a sigh as she drank from her coffee cup. " What does it say?".
Amy took a small green bible out of her purse. She opened it to Galatians 5: 22-23. " Elaine, do you know what the fruit of the spirit is?".
" No!".
She explained to her the nine aspects. " Do you know what the number one aspect is?".
" No, I don't".
" Love". She smiled at her friend. " You told me you wanted your love for your husband to get stronger".
She took the now empty coffee cups back into the kitchen. " That's true I do". She rinsed them off and put them into the dishwasher. " I would like that more than anything else".
" In order to love others, we must realize that God loves us very deeply".
A tear came to Elaine's eye. " I want to feel and understand his love".
" We also need to think loving thoughts".
Another tear came to Elaine's eye. " Sometimes that's hard to do".
Amy walked into the kitchen and hugged her friend. " We need to always act in a loving way".
" I will try".
" Let me know what happens".


research help: my bible


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: