Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Bread of Life: Capernaum b

The Bread of Life: Capernaum b by ric gustafson


Someone yelled at the Rabbi " please sir, give us this bread".
" I am the Bread of Life, he who comes to me will never go hungry". Jesus looked at the crowd with love in his eyes. " I have come down from heaven not to do my will but the will of him who sent me".
Some of the people in the crowd began to grumble.
Someone yelled " is this not the son of Joseph of Nazareth, how can he say that he came down from heaven?".
Jesus smiled. " I am the Bread of Life, your forefathers ate the manna but died".
More people began to grumble.
" The bread I give is from heaven, who ever eats this bread will not die".
Someone yelled " how can this be?".
" I am the living bread that came down from heaven, this bread is my flesh which I gave for the life of the world".
Someone yelled " how can you give us your flesh to eat?".
Jesus sighed. " Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life and will be with me forever".
The crowd dispersed.

The End- dedicated to Tom E


research  help: The Ryrie Study Bible


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: