Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Mark 4:21-23 page 2

Mark 4:21-23 page 2 by ric gustafson


Mary was dusting the display shelf when the middleaged woman slowly walked into the aisle. She began to study the lamps.
" May I help you?".
" I'm looking for a lamp" she replied in a quiet voice. " So far none of them interest me".
" We have several beautiful lamps" Mary said as she resumed dusting them. " I'm sure you'll find one that you like".
Elaine Marshall knelt down and began to seperate some of the lamps. She took out the faded green lamp and handed it to Mary. " This small lamp has caught my eye".
" You don't want this plain little lamp" Mary replied as she tried to change her mind. " We have many beautiful lamps".
" I'll take this one" she said as she held up the small lamp. " I also want a plain lampshade".
Mary handed her a lampshade and she took it up to the checkout stand.
The young clerk shook her head in frustration and went back to her dusting duties.


research help: The Ryrie Study Bible


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: