Monday, April 29, 2013

me and my 2014 Corvette Stingray page 3

me and my 2014 Corvette Stingray page 3 by ric gustafson


Horace and Gloria sat down in a plush red easy chair.
The man in the red blazer opened a desk drawer and pulled out a contract. " The base price for this 2014 model is just under $52,000".
" Horace, we cannot afford this car".
" Actually this model is only $ 1,400 more than the current model".
" Can I see that please?". She studied the contract. " What are all these terms in small print at the bottom of the page?". She stared at the man in red. " You can barely make out the words the print is so small".
" It's just the fine print".
Horace tried to change the subject. " What does POTA mean on your plaque on your desk?".
" Oh that!". He smiled and picked up the small black plaque. " Prince Of The Air".
" What does that mean?".
" That's just one of my nicknames". He put the contract in front of Horace. " Are you interested in signing?".
" Horace, I'm leaving". Gloria stood up and walked out the door.
" Sorry" Horace said as he stood up and ran out after her. " You promised me that we could go to the Mega Mart today".
Satan sighed as he put the contract back into the drawer. " Oh well, almost had him".

The End- dedicated to Tom E


research help: An Omaha World Herald article


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: