Monday, April 22, 2013

Solomon page 4

Solomon page 4 by ric gustafson


Solomon yawned as the chamber servant put his usual breakfast on the table. He bit into a fig as Benaiah entered the private suite.  " Good morning my king".
Solomon took a sip of some goat's milk. " I did not sleep very well".
" Nightmares again".
" Yes, also I was thinking about my Abba's last words to me".
" What were those my king?".
" He whispered to me " establish your throne and then seek peace for yourself and for Israel".
Solomon gave his captain a worried stare. " My nightmares include a hostile takeover by an invading kingdom".
" No wonder you look so tired".
Solomon looked at his advisor. " Are the northern leaders preparing for civil war?".
His trusted captain was silent.
" Is everything prepared for my father's funeral procession?".
Benaiah bowed. " Yes my king".


research help: ' Love's Sacred Song' by Mesu Andrews


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: