Thursday, April 18, 2013

Solomon page 1

Solomon page 1 by ric gustafson


King David lay on a straw mattress shivering. Levites were by his side waving him with incense and crying to God on behalf of their king.
" Isn't there anything we can do for him?" asked Solomon as the palace physician stood by the mattress.
" I'm sorry my King" he said as servants ran around trying to look busy. " We have done all we can".
Solomon looked away as King David groaned again. Next to his father's bed, sat Bathsheba his father's wife and Benaiah the captain of the king's guard. The prophet Nathan stood in a corner and Zadok the priest stood nearby.
His father's eyes were sunken and his cheeks were gaunt.
" Abba, how can I rule this nation without your guidance?".
King David's voice was now a death rattle.
" Rest now Abba, I love you".
A cold hand grabbed Solomon's. " Solomon!".
" Yes Abba".
" Your name means peace and Yahweh told me that you would bring peace to Israel".
King David's voice was now a whisper. " Seek peace my son".
" Abba, I will".
King David's eyes closed for the last time.


research help: ' Love's Sacred Song' by Mesu Andrews


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: