Friday, April 19, 2013

Lane 9 revisited

Lane 9 revisited by ric gustafson


I walked up to the boarded up window and tried to peek in. The bowling center had been closed for years and I was sad. I had lots of good memories of open bowling there. As I began to walk away, I noticed that the front door was ajar. I quietly walked up to the boarded up door and pulled a loose board.
I walked into a trashed and dusty bowling center where I bowled for so many years. With a tear in my eye, I turned to leave. Then I heard a bowling ball hitting some pins. I turned to see the lights on Lane 9 turned on. Then I noticed a gray haired gentleman waving at me to come over. I smiled because it was my friend God the Father. I walked over and gave him a hug.
God threw his bowlng ball and got a strike. " Hi Ric, how are you?".
" Happy and sad".
" Why is that?".
" I miss this bowling center but I just had a wonderful dinner with my church friends".
He threw his bowling ball and got a strike. " As I remember, the first time we bowled together you told me about your church friends".
" You probably remember when that was".
" December 2003".
" I care about them now as much as I did then".
" I know you do". He threw his ball and bowled a strike. " They know that too".
" I don't know how I can get through life without them".
He smiled at me. " That is why they are in your life".
" It is".
" I put them into your life to help you through this sinful and tough life".
" Thank you".
" Ric, you are a blessing and a joy to me".
I turned to leave, turned around and noticed that the lights on Lane 9 were off and God the Father was gone.
I smiled as I left that boarded up bowling center.


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: