Sunday, April 28, 2013

me and my 2014 Corvette Stingray page 2

me and my 2014 Corvette Stingray page 2 by ric gustafson


Horace watched as a middleaged man wearing a red blazer opened the front door. " Welcome to the GM lookathon for 2014 models".
" Thank you" Horace said as he and Gloria walked in. " I would love to see your 2014 Corvette Stingray".
" Great choice" was the reply as he gave them a strange grin. " Right this way". He led them past other new GM vehicles and then stopped in front of a new white Corvette. " Here it is".
Horace put a hand on the vehicle. " It's beautiful".
" Horace, we cannot afford this car".
" Can you describe the features to me?".
" In January at the Detroit Auto Show, it was the talk of the show".
" Why is that?".
" The car is lower and sleeker and the steel structure was replaced by aluminum".
" Wow".
" Horace, think about our budget and the loss of your income".
" The car has a new V8 engine and can go from zero to 60 in four seconds".
" Horace, remember our debt".
" Can we talk price?".
" Sure, it goes on sale this summer but let's go into my office and talk details".


research help: An Omaha World Herald article


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: