Saturday, March 2, 2013

Veronica page 2

Veronica page 2 by ric gustafson


I looked out the window of the house and saw the procession coming. I knew why it was coming and where it was going. I knew the condemned man being led to the Skull. It was the Rabbi who healed me of my bleeding.
As I stared out the window, I saw him fall from the weight of the crossbeam he was carrying. I felt compassion because he did not look the same as I had seen him before. His face look bloodied and his back looked like it was torn up.
I decided to take a risk. I picked up a cloth, ran out the door and up to the Rabbi. He had fallen again from the pain and exhaustion. I kneeled down and wiped the blood from his face.
The Rabbi looked at me and thanked me with his loving eyes.
The soldiers were stunned at this sudden act of kindness. One of the soldiers pushed me to the edge of the sidewalk. " Woman, get out of the way".
I walked back into the house and then the procession started up again.
I held the bloody cloth and cried into the night.

The End- dedicated to Tom E


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: