Monday, March 18, 2013

the Walmart seagull miracle page 1

the Walmart seagull miracle page 1 by ric gustafson


I quickly drove into the driveway and parked in a stall as close to the door as possible. I checked my cellphone and noticed I had two minutes to get to my interview. I was frustrated because the rush hour traffic was terrible and I did not want to be late for the interview.
I grabbed my cellphone and opened the door of my Saturn. I shut the door and quickly began to walk toward the store entrance. All of a sudden, something hit me and almost knocked me over. I stared into the blue eyes of a young man wearing a green shirt.
" Sorry" he said as he threw bread up into the sky. " I'm trying to feed these seagulls".
" I thought seagulls lived in Florida". I gave him a perplexed stare. " Not at a Walmart Neighborhood Market Store in West Omaha".
" Good question". He threw more bread up into the air and five of the white birds flew around him.
" Is this part of your job?" I said as I walked up to the swinging doors.
" Actually I'm out here to collect carts" he said with a grin. " These birds love Walmart bread".
Shaking my head, I walked into the store.

No comments: