Wednesday, March 6, 2013

the miracle on Titanic page 3

the miracle on Titanic page 3 by ric gustafson


David adjusted his black bowler hat as steerage passengers from Waterloo Station ran with their possesions toward the Aft ramp. " Are you ok Mother?" he asked as he noticed the growing confusion along the wide berth. People were hurrying to get on board before the ship sailed at noon.
" Yes, I'm fine" Camille replied with a sigh as she tried to drag her two trunks across the hard concrete.
" Help with those Sir" a porter asked as he reached for one of the large trunks.
" Yes" he said as he winked at his mother. " My mother and I would appreciate that greatly".
" I can put them on this rack and take them up to C Deck for you".
Camille exhaled in relief. " Thank you".
They walked up the ramp toward an officer who was wearing a blue suit and cap. He was holding a notebook.
" Welcome to the Titanic, I am Second Officer Lighttoller".
" I am David Sharpston and this is my mother Camille Sharpston".
The officer looked at his notebook. " Yes, I have you in C-77".
" Officer, this is a beautiful ship".
He smiled. " The RMS Titanic is the British Empire at it's finest".
David smiled back.
" Up the ramp here is the first class main entrance on B Deck". He pointed toward the entrance. " Once inside, a steward will take you to the purser's office".
" Why is that?".
" The purser will process your boarding pass and direct you to your cabin".


research help: original story and ' Queen of the Waves' byJanice Thompson


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: