Friday, March 15, 2013

the miracle on Titanic page 6

the miracle on Titanic page 6 by ric gustafson


David turned the brass doorknob of C-77 and walked into the elegant room.
" Excuse me Sir".
He turned to see a steward standing in the doorway. " Yes".
" I have your bags on my cart". He tipped his hat. " I am Stringfeld, your steward".
" You can bring them in and put them by that sofa".
The steward, wearing a white coat, black bowtie and trousers, put them where he asked. He walked over and handed David an envelope. " This is a welcome from Bruce Ismay and the White Star Line". He walked toward the door. " If you need me, just ring the bell that is over the desk".
" Thank you". He left and David sat down on the edge of the cherry colored bed. He noticed a light colored bedspread went up to four oversized pillows. He also noticed a brass lamp over the bed.
Just then, his mother walked in. " David, this ship is huge".
" This room is beautiful too".
" David, I'm getting tired". She gave her son a tired smile. " I'd like to rest awhile".
" Ok, I'm going to tour the ship for a while before it leaves the berth".


research help: original story and ' Queen of the Waves' by Janice Thompson


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: