Friday, March 1, 2013

Veronica page 1

Veronica page 1 by ric gustafson


I was in a large crowd that surrounded the Rabbi. I was not in a very good mood because I hurt from this bleeding inside me. The bleeding had been going on for twelve years and always makes me feel miserable. For years, doctors have tried to help me and I've spent all of my money. I keep hoping it will get better but it actually gets worse. I had heard about the Rabbi and the miracles that he performs. I thought that maybe he could heal me.
I walked up behind him to touch his cloak when a synagogue ruler walked up to him and asked him a question.
" My little daughter is dying" he said as tears flowed down his face. " Please come and put your hands on her so that she can be healed". The ruler's name was Jairus.
The Rabbi turned to leave with him when I decided to do what I felt I had to do. I stood behind the Rabbi and touched the fringe of his cloak. Immediately, the horrible bleeding inside of me felt like it had finally stopped.
The Rabbi turned around. " Who touched my clothes?".
One of his followers replied. " You see the people crowding against you and yet you can ask who touched me".
I tried to melt into the crowd as the Rabbi looked around to see who had done it. He looked right at me and I knew that I could not hide. I fell at his feet and told him the whole story.
He smiled at me with love in his eyes. " Daughter, your faith has healed you, go in peace and be freed from your suffering".


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: