Saturday, March 9, 2013

betrayer page 3

betrayer page 3 by ric gustafson


One day, my brother ran into the house. " Jericho is burning".
My mother had horror written on her face. " Joshua, who is doing this?".
" A rebel named Simon who is proclaiming himself king".
Later that evening, a man came to our door. He asked to speak with my father. They stepped outside.
" Joshua, who was that?".
" Judas bar Hezekiah".
" Who is that?" I asked with a strange look. " He has the same name I do".
" His father was the most famous bandit in all of Galilee".
Father came back in and said that he was leaving with him.
" Father, can I come too?".
He hesitated. " Yes Joshua you may".
I asked too. " Father, can I come also?".
" No Judas". He gave me a weak smile. " Stay home with your mother".


research help: ' Iscariot' by Tosca Lee


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: