Friday, March 8, 2013

the end of days: rapture page 3

the end of days: rapture page 3 by ric gustafson


Emily Johnston opened her eyes and quickly glanced around the room. She noticed her son Rory sitting next to her. She tried to raise her head but couldn't because of all the throbbing.
" Mom, it's me Rory".
" Did you get my phone call?". they heard a knock on the door. " What happened?".
" Don't try to move". They heard the knock again. " You had a slight concussion".
" What's happened, where's Ross?".
" Come in".
A police officer walked in. " Sorry to bother you Mrs Johnston". He shook Rory's hand. " I'm Officer Carlson of the Copper Creek Police Department".
" What can I do for you Officer Carlson?". She looked at her son. " Rory, where's Ross?".
The officer took off his hat and put it on an open chair. " Anytime there's an accident, I have to try and ask a few questions".
Emily tried to raise her head. " I'll try to answer them".
" Mrs Johnston, do you remember where you were before the accident?".
" My husband Ross and I had started on a trip to California to celebrate his retirement".
" He turned and said he loved me". Tears began to form in her eyes.
" Then what happened?".
" Then I saw our van heading for a road barrier".
" Then what happened?".
" I turned and screamed to tell Ross we were heading for the barrier".
" What did your husband do then?".
She looked at Rory and then hesitated. " You wouldn't believe me if I told you".
" What's that Mrs Johnston?".
" I looked over and only saw Ross's clothes lying in the driver's seat". She looked at Rory. " Ross was not driving the van".


research help: original story and ' Left Behind' by Tim Lahaye and Jerry B Jenkins


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: