Monday, March 4, 2013

betrayer page 1

betrayer page 1 by ric gustafson


I was helping my mother at home when my Father burst into the house. " Herod the king is dead". The look on his face was serious.
" Get the others, we are going to pack up and leave at once".
" But why Father?".
" No questions, quickly just do it".
By nightfall, with our belongings we bribed a guard to let us out the city gate.
By the next day, we were far from Jerusalem our home.
" Father, will we be coming back for Passover?". I enjoyed the yearly buying of our lamb and bringing it to the Temple priests.
" No Judas, God calls us to Galilee".
That night before falling asleep, my brother Joshua whispered something to me.
" Herod is not dead, that was just a rumor".
" But Father said". Just then, Father came into the room.
" Judas, you need your sleep".
" Father, please tell me again where my name came from". He sat down next to me.
" You are named because of two famous men".
" Who is that Father?".
" A teacher named Judas bar Sepphoraeus and a warrior named Judas Maccabee".


research help: ' Iscariot' by Tosca Lee


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: