Wednesday, January 19, 2022

whom do you serve? page 7

 whom do you serve? page 7 by ric gustafson


Pastor Roberts sat down at his desk. The elderly Apostle sat down next to the desk.
" To be honest". He grinned. " I'm not sure how to address you".
" Paul is fine".
Pastor Roberts stared at the elderly Apostle. " I can't believe you are here".
" You prayed to God for help". He smiled. " Do you remember that day?".
" I sure do". He began to remember praying and crying in this office. " This church is heading down the wrong direction".
" This congregation needs encouragement".
" It sure does". He smiled. " I thought a Sunday message from you would help the spirits of our church members".
" God knows how much you love this congregation". He smiled again. " I would be honored to give Sunday's message".
Pastor Roberts wiped tears from his eyes. " Thank you Paul".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: