Sunday, January 30, 2022

paid in full page 3

 paid in full page 3 by ric gustafson


Gabriel and the young angel watched as the dark shadow stood next to Jesus. After thirty nine days in the desert, Jesus was hungry, tired and vulnerable.
" Look at me Jesus". It was a deep inviting voice. " And you will know who you really are".
" I know who you are" Jesus yelled. " I knew you would be coming to visit me".
" You are thirsty to learn". The shadow laughed. " I have wisdom I can teach you".
" Father of lies". Jesus cried. " You have no power over me".
" Don't answer yet". The shadow smiled. " Come with me".
The shadow took Jesus to the top of a high mountain.
The shadow pointed to all the kingdoms below. " You can rule over all this". The shadow smiled. " I just ask one thing in return".
Jesus quietly replied. " God alone will I worship".
" Reject my offer Jesus". The shadow began to get angry. " And your mission is doomed to fail".
Jesus lifted his arms upward. " Be gone Satan".
The shadow disappeared. 
" You did well Jesus". Gabriel put an arm around one of Jesus's weary shoulders. " Tomorrow you will go home".


research help: ' The Gospel of Gabriel' by Edward Hays


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: