Friday, January 7, 2022

the stranger who came to town page 16

 the stranger who came to town page 16 by ric gustafson


Homer heard the knock on the door. He walked out of the bathroom. Both of his black suitcases were open on the bed. He walked over and opened it.
A cold Clarice was shivering.
" Clarice". He began to fill up the suitcases. " I was just finishing up packing".
She sat down on the edge of the bed. " Where are you going?".
Homer grinned. " It's time for me to get back to work".
" I want to come with you". Tears came to her eyes. " Everybody thinks you are evil".
Homer zipped up the suitcases and put them by the front door. " What do you think Clarice?".
" I can't believe anyone who would heal my arm". She smiled as she moved it freely up and down. " Could be evil".
" Do you still want to go with me?".
She dabbed her eyes with a tissue. " Yes".
" Good". He opened the front door. He picked up the suitcases. " As soon as I put these in the car, we'll leave".
After Homer walked out with the suitcases, Clarice glanced around the room. Just then, she noticed the small statue on top of the desk.
Homer walked back in.
" Mr Tang, what is that?".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: