Saturday, February 27, 2021

Malchus page 5

 Malchus page 5 by ric gustafson


Malchus stood in front of the elderly merchant. " Your trading will not be bothered today".
The old man looked around with worry. " That's easy for you to say".
Just then, Malchus heard a commotion from the other side of the Temple. He ran toward the Court of the Gentiles. A man ran past him.
" I've been healed". The man hugged Malchus and then ran off. " It's a miracle".
Malchus ran behind a pillar. In front of it was the rabbi Jesus and his boss. Joining him was Jonathon and some other priests.
" Rabbi, by what authority are you doing these things?". He pointed a finger at Jesus. " Who gave you this authority?".
" I will ask you one thing too". Jesus stared at his accuser. " If you tell me, I will also tell you by what authority I do these things".
Caiaphas nodded his head in agreement.
" Was the baptism of John from heaven or from men?".
Caiaphas, Jonathon and the priests huddled together and conferred.
" We don't know".
" Then neither will I tell you by what authority I do what I do".


research help: ' Malchus' by W. G. Griffiths


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: