Wednesday, February 10, 2021

I Sendler page 2

 I Sendler page 2 by ric gustafson


A German pushed Irena into a waiting car. She was blindfolded. She was not told where they were going. She was brought to a building. She was brought to a room and tied to a chair. The blindfold came off. A middle aged German was glancing at a file.
" My name is Hauptmann Rein Gestapo". He studied the file. " What is your name?".
" Irena Sendler".
He put down the file. " Are you a communist?".
" No".
" You were attempting to smuggle food into the city".
" I was trying to get our welfare distribution system going again".
She was handed a piece of paper. " Sign this".
She glanced at it. " What is this?".
" Sign please". She was handed a pen. " We want you to work for us".
Irena shook her head. " I cannot work for the Germans".
" You will be working for Poland not Germany".
" I need to think about it".
" Fair enough". He grinned. " I look forward to your answer".


research help: ' Irena's War' by James D Shipman


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: