Tuesday, December 25, 2018

the Alamo miracle page 3

the Alamo miracle page 3 by ric Gustafson


Alan and Felipe were sharing a plate of corn stew. They were standing near a ditch that ran the length of the compound. They quietly watched as some Mexican cavalry were forming in some woods near the compound.
" Alan, why do you read your bible so much?".
He smiled at his friend. " It's God's Word and I am one of his followers".
Felipe ate more of the corn mush. " Alan, are you afraid to die?".
" No". He grinned. " I know where I'm going after I die".
" I think about heaven sometimes". He took another bite of the mush. " I sure wish we had some meat to eat".
From the nearby plaza, Colonel Morales and Colonel Romero watched things get quiet at the Alamo.
They shared wine together. Then they shook hands and mounted their horses.


research help: ' Line of Glory' by Thomas D Clagett


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: