Friday, December 21, 2018

the Alamo miracle page 1

the Alamo miracle page 1 by ric Gustafson


My name is Private Alan Hanson. I am here with my friend Felipe. We both hail from the East coast. We both heard about the plight here and came. We were gathered here in the courtyard to listen to Colonel William Barrett Travis. I am a Christian and Felipe is not.
Travis was wearing a blue coat with a red sash around the waist. He wore black boots, a black bow tie and a tall silk hat. He had left his family in Alabama to keep this garrison going. He had just given us bad news that 400 troops were not coming to help us.
A man in a coonskin cap stopped me. " Private Hanson".
I smiled. " David Crockett".
" We are going to defend the wooden palisade".
Felipe looked at me. " Do we have a chance against the whole Mexican army?".
" The walls of the Alamo are two to three feet thick and made of adobe bricks". I smiled at my friend. " Also the four chapel saints are looking out for us".
Felipe began to feel better.


research help:  ' Line of Glory' by Thomas D Clagett


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: