Saturday, April 12, 2014

Lent 2014 day 39

Lent 2014 day 39 by ric gustafson


Luke 22:42- ' Father, if it's your will take this cup of suffering away from me. However, not my will but your will must be done'.


On many occasions, Jesus told his disciples that he must die. So why did he agonize in the garden?. He did not want to suffer the intense physical pain that he knew was coming. What was his torment?.
Jesus's death was unlike any other in history. On the cross, Jesus bore the sins of the entire world. Jesus who was sinless became sin. Because God hates sin, this severed the bond between Father and Son. When he died, God gave him the cup of sorrow. God loves us so much that he gave his only Son to die for us and gave the ultimate sacrifice so that we can be his and be his forever.
Jesus, I pray that I will never forget the sacrifice that you made for me.


research help: ' The Sanctuary For Lent' by Sue Mink


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: