Saturday, April 12, 2014

burgerman page 1

burgerman page 1 by ric gustafson


I opened the dark green receptacle and peered inside. The minute I noticed that their was nothing inside, my stomach growled. ' I am so hungry' I thought as I closed the black lid.
Just then, the receiving door opened. A young man wearing a green Wal Mart sweatshirt walked out with a pallet jack. He noticed me right away. " What are you doing there?".
My stomach growled again. " I'm hungry".
" You won't find anything in there". He put the pallet jack underneath a stack of wooden pallets. " They came earlier and emptied them". He walked back in and closed the door.
Dejected and hungry, I began to walk toward the nearest residential street. As my stomach growled again, I began to wonder where my next meal was coming from.


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: