Monday, November 11, 2013

the madman of Gadara page 4

the madman of Gadara page 4 by ric gustafson


The voices in my head had multiplied so much it seemed as if a million voices were telling me what to do. The voices were telling me that trouble was coming from the Sea. As I stared at the raging storm, I saw what looked like a small boat being battered against the wind and rain. Then I noticed a tall bearded man get up and stretch his arms. All of a sudden, the violent wind and the huge waves calmed down and the Sea became quiet and tranquil.
The boat came toward shore and the voices inside told me to destroy this man and his friends. A couple of men with oars in their hands jumped out of the boat. The voices told me to attack. I ran toward them shrieking and rattling my chain. The two men lifted their oars to protect the bearded one.
The bearded man got out of the boat and quietly walked up to me. He pointed a finger at me " come out of him". The voices inside me shrieked loudly and made me lie face down in the sand. " What is your name?" asked the bearded one.
Several voices inside shrieked at the same time " legion".
A loud voice inside shrieked " do not send us to the pit we beg you".
Another voice inside shrieked " send us into that herd of pigs".
I convulsed, thrashed around and then fell to the ground.
I heard squealing and then saw the herd of pigs run over the cliff and drown in the Sea below.
The bearded one smiled and then helped me to my feet.
I smiled back. " Can I come and follow you?".
Jesus shook his head. " Go back to town and tell people what had just happened to you".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: