Sunday, February 19, 2012

the Prodigal Son 2012 page 6

the Prodigal Son 2012 page 6 by ric gustafson


I walked into my office and sat down at my desk. Because of new orders at the plant, work has been busier than normal. I closed my eyes and tried to relax. All of a sudden, I heard someone quietly walking up the steps toward my office. There was a quiet knock on the door. The door opened and the person walked in. I looked up to see a young man with a backpack on and who looked a lot thinner than the last time I had seen him.
" Hi Dad" Joseph said as he slipped off the backpack and put it on the ground.
I walked around my desk and gave my son a long embrace.
" I'm so sorry Dad" he said as he began to cry. " I'm sorry I disappointed you".
" My son, everything that has happened in the last two years has already been forgiven and forgotten".
Excited, I picked up the phone. " Marcus, stop the machines and have the workers gather in the breakroom". " My son who was gone has now returned".



Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: