Saturday, February 18, 2012

the Prodigal Son 2012 page 5

the Prodigal Son 2012 page 5 by ric gustafson


I looked out through my office glass window and saw my older son Jeff working very hard as usual. I love Jeff as much as I love Joseph but sometimes I worry about him. He followed in my footsteps and had risen through the ranks at the plant.
I worry about him because of his jealousy and anger issues. He has been going to counseling meetings to help with these issues and his life is getting better. He has a girlfriend now and just moved into an apartment. His problems started when he got very jealous of his younger brother and also would get mad at me.
He always did well in school and graduated with honors. He became jealous of Joseph because he did not graduate from high school and never had to work. He also got mad at me for letting Joseph leave home and now he has used up all of his inheritance money.
I feel that Jeff believes that I love Joseph more. That is not true. I hope that someday my son will understand that I love them both equally. With open arms, I am waiting for my younger son to return. When he does come home, I hope that Jeff will forgive him also.
I love both of them so much.



Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: