Thursday, February 9, 2012

just passing through page 1b

just passing through page 1b by ric gustafson


Darrin walked out onto their new wooden deck and began to put cans of soda into one of the coolers. Life was good and he was looking forward to a party tonight with friends. He noticed the falling leaves and thought now would be a good time to pick them up and bag them.
He walked into the garage and got his rake and leaf bags. As he walked toward the large maple tree on the north side of the house, he noticed his new neighbor was hammering nails into their wooden fence. He stopped. " Hi, I'm Darrin Nicholls your neighbor".
The young man stood up and put down his hammer. " I'm Walker Green" he said as he shook Darrin's hand. " I'm your new neighbor".
" Nice to meet you". Darrin observed the work his neighbor had done. " I see that you are fixing up the house already".
" That's right" Walker replied with a grin as he started hammering again. " My wife and I are just passing through".



research help: ' The Spirit of Happiness' by T Byram Karasu



Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: