Saturday, February 18, 2012

the Prodigal Son 2012 page 3

the Prodigal Son 2012 page 3 by ric gustafson.


One day, Joseph asked Father for the investment money that had been invested for him. He wanted to go see the world and experience life. I'm upset at Dad because he allowed Joseph to take his inheritance and go do whatever he wants. I slave away at the plant, never take any time off for vacation and what do I get for it. No matter what I do to get Dad's attention, he only talks about Joseph and not me.
For the next two years, I worked hard at the plant and did whatever I could to please my father. Every once in a while, Joseph would call and talk to Dad. I don't want to talk to him because I'm so upset at him. I graduated from high school with honors and work hard at the plant. Joseph has not even graduated and Father still dotes on him.
I started counseling sessions to help with my jealousy issues. With Joseph gone, my life began to settle down. I found a girlfriend and got my own apartment. Just when my relationship with Father was getting better, Joseph called. He told Father all of his investment money was gone and that now he was working on a pig farm. He told Father that he was tired and wanted to come home. He said that he was going to start for home tomorrow.
What will happen next, I don't know.




Everyone take care. Love Ric

No comments: