Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Lazarus and Mr Tucker page 6

Lazarus and Mr Tucker page 6 by ric gustafson.


" Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send the old man so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue" Lloyd loudly pleaded. " For I am in agony in this flame".
" Child, remember that during your life you received your good things and likewise Lazarus had his things, but now he is being comforted here and you are in agony".
The lack of water was beginning to affect Lloyd.
" Besides between you and me is a great chasm" he pointed out with his hand. " Those who wish to come over from here to you cannot and none can cross over from there to us".
" Then I beg you father that you send the old man to my father's house for I have five brothers that he might warn them not to come to this place of torment".
" They have Moses and the Prophets, let them hear them".
Lloyd thought for a moment. " No Father Abraham but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent".
" If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be persuaded if someone rises from the dead".


The End- dedicated to Tom E



research help: the Ryrie Study Bible



Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: