Monday, February 13, 2012

the Prodigal Son 2012 page 1a

the Prodigal Son 2012 page 1a by ric gustafson


How to start my story, I thought to myself as I stared outside from my bedroom window. I took a sip of bottled water and thought about the events that had happened the last two years. My older brother Jeff was down at the plant helping my father so the house was quiet. My father was a hardworking Swede who built a steel plant in our hometown.
Jeff decided to follow in my father's footsteps and work for him at the plant. Through hard work, he prospered and has been able to rise quickly through the ranks at the plant. His jealousy toward me and what transpired the last two years has probably influenced his drive for excellence. My brother and I were raised in a typical middle class home. Our mother passed away when I was young so Dad has raised us most of our lives.




Take care. Love Ric

No comments: