Wednesday, February 15, 2012

the Prodigal Son 2012 page 3

the Prodigal Son 2012 page 3 by ric gustafson


I'm tired I thought to myself as I got a diet coke out of the refrigerator. As I sat down at the kitchen table, I thought to myself how working at the plant really takes a toll on me. The house was quiet since I was the only one there. My younger brother, Joseph called last night and said he was coming home after being gone for two years.
My father is still at the plant working long hours because he is the CEO. I've just returned from attending a counseling session for jealousy issues. I have been very jealous of my younger brother for a long time now and also mad at my father. My mother passed away when I was young so father raised Joseph and I by himself.
I always admired my father and have always wanted to be just like him. When I was old enough, I started working at the plant. Joseph on the other hand, could care less about the plant or responsibilities at all. He only cares about cars, girls and having a good time. I have always worked hard at the plant trying to please my father. I became jealous of Joseph when I work hard and Joseph can do whatever he wishes with no responsibilities. I'm also upset at my father because it seems that he cares more for Joseph than me.




Peace and God's blessings. love Ric

No comments: