Saturday, December 17, 2011

the story of Martha page 9

the story of Martha page 9 by ric gustafson


Martha stared at the Rabbi. He was tall and his hair was parted in the middle. His complexion was dark because of long hours in the sun. He had a thick beard that fell to his shoulders.
He was speaking to the Pharisee leaders. " I have come in my Fathers's name and you do not receive me, how can you believe and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God".
The Pharisee leaders began to murmur among themselves and give Jesus hard looks.
" If you believed Moses you would believe me because he wrote about me". " If you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?".
Lazarus turned to the man next to him. " The Pharisee leaders are upset with this Rabbi, what has he done?".
" He healed a man on the Sabbath".



research help: ' Martha' by Diana Wallis Taylor



I pray that everyone has a great Saturday. Love Ric

No comments: