Friday, December 30, 2011

Horatio's lucky penny page 4

Horatio's lucky penny page 4 by ric gustafson.


Horatio poured some lemonade from a large glass pitcher into a glass and took a sip. " Would you like some John?". The day butler set a plate of sandwiches, fruit and potato chips in front of them.
" Sure". His friend bit into a roast beef sandwich. " Thank you for lunch".
" My pleasure" Horatio said as he poured his friend a glass. " I miss the guys from the tent colony".
" So tell me my friend what happened that now you have all this".
Horatio thought for a moment. " After I found my lucky penny near Dominick's that day, I was walking back to the tent colony when a miracle happened".
" What happened?".
" I saw something green in the snow and it turned out to be a wet $100 dollar bill".
" What did you do with it?".
" I took it to somebody at the shelter who knew about investing in the stock market". " He invested it for me and now I'm making a fortune just off the interest".
" And you think that everything that has happened to you is because of the penny you found in the snow".
" That's right" Horatio exclaimed with a grin as he took a sip of his lemonade. " It's the only explanation I can think of".



Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: