Thursday, December 29, 2011

Horatio's lucky penny page 2

Horatio's lucky penny page 2 by ric gustafson.


Horatio was studying his stock portfolio at his large oak top desk when the intercom rang. He got up from the desk and walked over to the intercom on the wall. " Yes Evelyn".
" John Ellis from the Elkington Homeless Shelter has an appointment at 10:00 to see you".
" Oh that's right" was the reply as he looked at his Rolex watch. " Send him in".
Evelyn led a young man into the spacious office and study. Horatio noticed he was probably about the same age and also looked slightly familiar.
" Hi, I'm Horatio Longley" he said as he pointed toward a nearby couch. " Please have a seat".
" Thank you" the young man replied as he settled into a comfy blue couch and pillows. " I'm John Ellis and I represent the Elkington Homeless Shelter".
" What can I do for you Mr Ellis?".
" Mr Longley, as you know the city has cut our funding in half" he said nervously as he played with his necktie. " And our expenses have skyrocketed because of more young mothers and families coming in".
" Yes, I know about the struggles the shelter has been going through".
" Mr Longley, we appreciate what you've graciously given in the past" he said as he smiled. " But now we could really use your help".
" Mr Ellis, I'm a very generous man" Horatio replied quietly as he stared at the young man. " I was homeless myself for a long time so I know what it's like to be hungry and have no place to go".
" I will help the shelter".




Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: