Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ismay page 3

Ismay page 3 by ric gustafson


" Sir, what happened to that message?".
" I showed it to a couple of passengers and then gave it to Captain Smith".
" At what time did you notice that something was wrong on board?".
" At 11:40 pm, I was awake and heard a scraping noise that made me wonder if there was a problem with one of the propellers".
" Please continue Sir".
" I put on my slippers, walked out into the hallway and asked a steward what had happened".
" Did the steward know?".
" No, so I went back to my room, put on an overcoat and black trousers over my pajamas and walked to the bridge".
" Please continue Sir".
" On the bridge, I asked Captain Smith what had happened".
" What did he say?".
" He said that the ship had struck a berg". " Then I asked if the ship was damaged".
" What did the Captain say?".
" I am afraid it is".



research help: ' the sinking of J Bruce Ismay' by Frances Wilson



Happy Saturday to all. Love Ric

No comments: