Friday, December 16, 2011

the Fall page 3

the Fall page 3 by ric gustafson


The assembled angels sat at a long table and watched Lucifer walk in.
" Welcome my brothers" he said as he quickly walked up to the table. " I just came from Gabriel's celebration because I am in charge of the praise music". He frowned at the assembled angels. " But something is bothering me".
" What is that?" asked Tinius.
" I have no choice but to do what the Most High tells me".
" Lucifer, we all follow God's commands".
" Tinius, hear me out". Lucifer began to walk around the table. " God, the Son and the Holy Spirit have always ruled from the Throne room". He stopped in front of the giant window and pointed out. " I perform the choir music just as I am told". " Sometimes I feel like a slave".
" Lucifer, we are not slaves" Tinius said loudly as he stared at the young man. " We serve God out of love and obedience".
" My dear Tinius" Lucifer replied with a grin as he rested a hand on his shoulder. " Is is world so perfect that God would not let us choose our own path".
All the angels looked at each other.
" My last comment" Lucifer exclaimed as he looked around the table. " If by chance God is not all perfect, what authority does he have over us".
The meeting adjourned.



research help: ' Chronicles of the Host' by D Brian Shafer



Everyone have a great Friday evening. Love Ric

No comments: