Thursday, December 8, 2011

Is there anything in that bag for me?

Is there anything in that bag for me? by ric gustafson.


I stood in a dark corner of the mall and observed Santa Claus at work. This Santa was not dressed in typical red and a white beard. This Santa was young, black bearded and dressed totally in white. There was a long line of children getting on his knee and whatever they wished for, he always got it out of his never ending bag. This Santa is different I observed even though I'm not a Christian and don't believe in Christmas.
It was Christmas Eve and the line of kids never seemed to end. I observed that this Santa never got tired or irritable and always had a smile. I noticed he was a natural with children.
Christmas Eve was here and I was ready to go home just like any other night of the year. The Santa in white had just finished with the last child and his bag was now empty. Santa motioned me with his hand to come over. Why would Santa want a 24 year old to get on his knee?".
I walked over and got on Santa's knee. " Is there anything in that bag for me?".
Santa smiled at me. " What I want to give you is not in this bag".
" What gift is that?".
Santa gave me a hug. " The free gift of eternal life".
I walked away and contemplated this free gift.



The End- dedicated to Tom E.



Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: