Thursday, December 29, 2011

Horatio's lucky penny page 3

Horatio's lucky penny page 3 by ric gustafson


Horatio kept staring at John. " I'm sorry to stare at you but you look familiar". " Have we met before?".
" No, I don't think so" he replied as he scratched his scraggily beard. " I was born and raised in Montana and was homeless for six years".
" Montana John" Horatio exclaimed as he hugged his old friend. " Remember me Horatio from the tent colony".
" You mean Horatio who used to bring back containers of food from restaurant dumpsters" was the reply as he hugged his old friend. " You disappeared and I thought that something bad had happened to you".
" This" Horatio exclaimed loudly as he walked over to a huge plaque on one of the walls. " This is what happened to me".
John walked over to the plaque and studied it carefully. " A penny?".
" That's right" was the reply as Horatio walked over and looked at it as if it were a shrine. " This lucky penny completely changed my life".
" How is that?".
" The day I found that penny outside Dominick's, my life completely changed" he said with a broad smile. " The only explanation I can come up with is this lucky penny".
" So what exactly happened that you went from being in our tent colony to living in this fancy house?".
" Have lunch with me and I will explain everything".




Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: